Saturday, March 7, 2009

Selecting a Topic of Study

As a second through fourth grade computer teacher, I am always looking for meaningful and effective ways of integrating technology into the core curriculum (i.e. language arts, math, and social studies). For the next eight weeks, I will be exploring various Web 2.0 tools and looking for ways in which they can be used to support and/or enhance teaching and learning at the elementary school level.

2 comments:

Laura Kay said...

It looks like we will be investigating similar topics. I am focusing on web 2.0 and creating authentic audiences for students.

One of my favorite resources is the teach web 2.0 wiki at http://teachweb2.wikispaces.com/.

Kirsten said...

I will be interested to read what you both have to say about Web 2.0
I know very little about it and am looking forward to learning more. I have not yet defined exactly what area I will be exploring in depth - other than that it needs to relate to using interactive technology to teach literacy skills.