The more I look into Web 2.0, the more I find tools that I have never used before but would love to try. Reading my classmates' blogs today, I became intrigued with digital storytelling and VoiceThread. Shortly thereafter, I came across several other tools online that I'd like to explore as well.
PikiStrips - Online comic creator
Teacher Tube - Online community for sharing instructional videos and lesson plans
Glogster - Interactive poster creator
Imbee - Social network for teachers that extends to the classroom
I seem to be finding something new each day, which leads me to believe that I will need to narrow my area of interest soon. In the meantime, I will look into these tools and keep you posted on what I find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think one of the best ways to explore all the applications out there is to use the wiki at: http://teachweb2.wikispaces.com/ and to subscribe to a handful of educational technology blogs. The blogs will help keep you up to date on what is new and how teachers are using the tools in the classroom.
What grade level are you working with? And what are area of the curriculum are looking to focus on?
I agree that the number of educational website out there is overwhelming. I have the web 2.0 wiki saved as a favorite now and am enjoying the exploration. I teach at the college level, and I am constantly searching for appropriate sites and tools.
Laura,
I teach 2nd through fourth grade as well as three middle school classes. What I teach, at least at the elementary level, depends on what the classroom teachers need. However, the focus is generally on language arts and social studies.
Post a Comment