Monday, July 27, 2009

Supervised Research - Final Reflection

I have enjoyed this course and have gained so much from it. Not only have I (finally) learned what a well-written literature review should include, the process of writing one has helped me become an expert of sorts in an area of personal interest. As I wrote and re-wrote my literature review, I made mental notes of things I need to consider when I finally introduce blogging in my computer classes this coming year.

In addition, I've had the opportunity to work with tools that were new to me. Although I can't say that Twitter wowed me (prefer status messages on Facebook), I'm glad it was a part of this course. At the very least, I can now say that I, too, have tweeted. Tumblr, on the other hand, I loved. In fact, I think it's a great tool for promoting visual literacy. I'm planning to introduce a Tumblr activity, similar to the one we completed in this course, in my middle school computer classes this coming year.

I also felt that our Elluminate meetings were valuable. Through the sharing of questions and concerns, I gained a better understanding of the course expectations, particularly as they related to my scholarly activity and literature review.

Reflecting back on the course, I don't feel there's anything that needs to be changed.

Thank you for a wonderful semester!

No comments: