http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/138417307/digital-immigrant-image
I love this image of a father asking his son for help as he sits in front of a computer that’s on fire. Like the father (digital immigrant), I have had to turn to my younger sister on several occasions for help as I try to do something new on the computer.
http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/138419693/digital-native-image-from
The picture of the infant in front of the laptop is a perfect visual representation for the term “digital native”. Although it may be a bit of an exaggeration, it’s a reminder that children as early as infancy are interacting with technology.
http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/123152010/community-of-practice-image-from
The picture of the human forms putting a puzzle together represents a community of practice where individuals with the same goal work together to solve a problem.
http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/121257123/tell-me-and-i-will-forget-show-me-and-i-may
Here’s another quote I love. It’s a reminder that children learn best by doing (i.e. construct reality through interactions with the world around them).
http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/119247184/technology-image-from-www-vdh-state-va-us
The image of the world coming out of the screen of a laptop reminds me that technology has brought the world to “our fingertips”. It has made it possible for individuals from across the globe to communicate and collaborate with each other with the click of a mouse.
http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/119244275/participatory-culture-image-from
I chose a picture of two arrows pointing in opposite directions to represent participatory culture. The arrows symbolize the online collaboration that can take place between individuals via the Internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment