Saturday, May 30, 2009

Let Me Explain: Tumblr Posts, Part 1

http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/112890305/
With all the new tools that I feel my students should learn how to use, and I will be introducing next year, I often feel like this picture would suggest – overwhelmed, not sure where to start, but convinced that it is necessary for teaching and learning.

http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/113219738/
This picture of the toddler in front of the computer reminds me that students are interacting with some form of technology at a very early age, and it is my responsibility as a teacher to provide them with opportunities to learn from and with them.

http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/113458665/
Legos seem to be the perfect visual representation of constructivism. Learners construct their own knowledge by piecing together past and present experiences.

http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/113991379/
I love this quote! It is an eloquent reminder that children may not listen to what their parents are saying, but they’re paying close attention to what they’re doing.

http://rdgm.tumblr.com/post/113993261/
This quote could have been written just for me. It took a difficult divorce for me to remember the importance of family, education, hard work, and my faith.

No comments: